Thursday, July 3, 2014

July 1 Outstanding Productivity!

Queen cells and more queen cells found tonight. Needed to check hive C tonight for queen cells and break down all but two of them. This is the hive that I dispatched the queen from last week. The picture below shows the queen cells right where we notched. I will check this hive again around July 23 for a laying queen. She needs time to emerge, take her mating flights, return to hive and start laying.
I am enjoying the bees immensely. I scout out my yard each day, looking for them in the garden or among my flowers.  Today they found the lavender and my buttercup squash.

Queen cells in middle of frame. They look like peanuts hanging off the frame. Love it!


Honey bee on Coreopsis


Loving the Lavender


Honeybee coming in for a landing on Lavender flower.


Honey bee down in flower of Buttercup Squash plant.

On her way out. She zipped across the yard back to the hive to alert the others to her find.


No comments:

Post a Comment