Friday, June 20, 2014

June 17, Successful?

Tonight I had time to take a peek into the other start (the one that had it's frames notched on May 20 and was put into its own box on May 29th with a queen cell on it where it had been notched.) It had been approx. 30 days and time to check it for a laying queen. I found open larvae on 2 frames and saw the queen on a frame of honey that had open cells on the bottom. I had my camera but was so excited to find her that  I forgot to take a picture.  So both starts from the May 20th notching have laying queens in them now.  I have also been enjoying observing the bees on my perennial flowers and getting a drink from my bird bath. I'll share a few of those pictures with you.
This has become their watering hole. Better here than my neighbor's pool. Keeping fresh water in it everyday.
The catmint was a great nectar source.
Not sure what this shrub is, but the honeybees were all over it in May when it bloomed.

Hydrating and reflecting!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment